月曜日, 7月 03, 2006

I Not Stupid Too

Just watched the Singaporean movie "I Not Stupid Too" with my brother today. I think that it is a really good movie and I liked it a lot. Some parts are kinda overdramatized but overall I think that the movie is a really good one which presents many problems that Singaporean really face. Family communication problems, generation gaps, parents having to deal with both their stressful jobs and then problems with their children when they get home...

This movie also addresses some of the reasons why Singaporeans who leave Singapore do not really want to go back. Rules, rules, rules. Everything has to go according to the rules and laws. No exceptions. If stuff were like that in America, I would still be in high school now. I just believe that if someone is willing to work extremely hard to improve themselves, there can be exceptions. Just.. Singapore controls her people too much, which is good in a way I guess. Singapore's pretty wealthy after all. With that said, I gotta make sure that my friends know that I'm kinda in the middle. I want to go back, but I don't. I have plans to get an internship and a job here in America.. if that company wants me, but not in Alabama haha.. It's prolly in California.

I miss Singapore a lot though. I miss all my friends soooooooooo much and I get kinda happy when I see my family (not immediate) improve their situation.. Although.. no offense, but that hasn't happened in quite a while (mom's side). I also miss food and shopping and stuff..

Anyways, my mom kinda wants to live here in America in the future too. Says that Singapore is just so stressful cuz I guess she got used to the real easy and relaxed life here.

I think that family communication problems are very serious in Singapore.. cuz I guess I was pretty much a trouble child myself. Not a really serious one, but pretty bad. I was lucky, I met a really important person who turned me around but the real reason that I.. is cuz of my mom. Anyways, I think that.. I duno.. parents and children just gotta find ways to talk to each other. Parents and their children shouldn't be too close and they shouldn't be too far apart. It's kinda like economics.. got an equilibrium. I'm talkin shit but I think that.. damn it's so hard to express myself due to my limited vocabulary. Ok. There are some things that parents should know, but not others. That's how I am with my parents and I feel that we're doing really well. We talk on the phone quite a bit (i call them a lot haha) and I enjoy talking to them and I guess they enjoy our conversations too. We're pretty close and I know they love me a lot and they know I love them a lot too. Aww... group hug..!! haha.. stupid me

Yup. I gotta study now.